Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New wine into old wine skins....

I was thinking of that analogy that Jesus made while I put my stuff into my new, downsized shoulder purse.

The Jesus story was something like putting new thoughts and ways of living into the old ways and patterns.  It doesn't work and something always has to be tossed out.......IF  we want that new wine, of course, otherwise those old wine skins will burst with new wine inside.  We can't live our lives the way we always have when we come to know the truths about what Jesus was attempting to teach us.  The old ways don't work because God's Spirit has made us new people.  We just can't live as we used to in the old way.

Ya, I was thinking of that story as I was putting all my old stuff into the new purse.  It's kind of reverse of what Jesus story was all about, but the truth remained that some of the old stuff I was keeping for various reasons of which I'm not sure about, had to be thrown out.

New wine needs new wine skins.

New ways of thinking about God need new and renewed Spirit-filled people to do the work that God has called us to do.

That's what I was thinking about this afternoon as I enjoyed my new and lighter version of a purse.

I know.  Weird thoughts come to me whenever I get a new purse.  Strange.....

Now, I'm off to a meeting.

1 comment:

matt said...

Cool inspiration and good thoughts:) Thanks for sharing.