Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wrong impressions...

Sometimes (more often than I care to admit) I make statements whereupon I get the distinct feeling that others have taken my words wrongly.

And when it's in the middle of a discussion with various people waiting to make their own important comments, you really don't get the opportunity to elaborate on your statement as much as you would like...it just kind of sits there.  No one comments.  The discussion just continues on as if you never entered the conversation at all.  Even though you feel strongly about what you have said and would like to have gone further with your thoughts, they are cut off  and you are left with the feeling that what you said was either offensive to others, taken the wrong way or everyone disagrees with your statement so much that they don't wish to hurt your feelings by making negative comments regarding said statement.  And one person did manage to make an off-handed comment which could barely be heard....but perhaps the comment was made out of fear.  When we are afraid of something or are unfamiliar with it, we tend to make quick judgements  out of  fear instead of allowing it to be talked about.  When we fear, we don't allow ourselves to see the whole picture.

Oh well.

I suppose that's just how life goes sometimes. We say things.  Others say things.  Communication isn't quite clear enough. 

I think I will just continue on in my thoughts because I feel they are worthy.

Perhaps one day, someone may ask me about my comments and the discussion may continue.

Until then, I shall think on them myself because as I said, I believe they are thoughts worth thinking...and perhaps something very positive could come from them.

By the way, since there isn't much ice around, the past two days I've been using only one crutch.  Now THAT'S progress!!!  Tomorrow is my appointment with the surgeon in Saskatoon.

Life may get back to normal yet.

I was revisiting some of Matt's pictures of when he was in Nepal, in particular.  Enjoy them...I received permission to hang some on our walls here in the apartment.





There is so much beauty everywhere...especially in the faces of children...

No comments: