Friday, May 27, 2011

A regular type day...

Although I did have my final doctor's assessment this morning..... before I hit the office running???? Monday morning.  I think he was a bit uneasy about this decision as my usefulness in that knee is certainly not what it should be yet, but as we spoke, I think he felt alright about letting me give it a shot.  He said more than once, that if I find it not working, to let people know.  He said it's better to start slowly (2 hrs. a day, 3 days a week) than go at it full bore and make a mess of things again.  So, slow it shall be!  Secondary physio will most likely begin sometime in August...secondary physio meaning 5 days a week for as long as I need to in order to get it fully functional once again.

So, that was the second item of business on my agenda today....the first of course, being coffee!

Then it was getting some picture frames together and taking my thumb drive to Shoppers Drugs to get some photos printed so I can have them all ready for Monday morning.  Hopefully, I will be able to raise a bit of cash for our Relay for Life team.  I feel like I have totally let them down, so now I am attempting to redeem myself.  I had thought of just taking the ones that I have hanging on my walls at home but I thought better of it....after husband said something to the effect..."Will you be wanting me to hang new pictures again, once you take these ones down...not sure if it can be done!"....something like that anyway...:)

We took off mid-afternoon to pick up Brittney from school and take her home.  Too far to walk with all those Physics, Biology, Math, English and Chemistry books weighing a poor girl down.  Lots of homework and studying now before final exams in June!

Tomorrow is our big yearly clean-up day at church...and we want it exceptionally clean and lovely for Ernie's funeral on Monday at 1 PM.  Lawns will be cut, flowers planted, windows cleaned, pews polished, rugs vacuumed especially good, garbage picked up and just a general, overall spring cleaning inside and out.

OK.  Now it's picture framing time....and while doing that, I shall be praying for Kathy, Jesse and Mark as they plan Ernie's funeral.....

Here are some of the flowers that pop open every year around our church building.  So pretty.  Thanks to
Mary Jane who does a great job of keeping them happy!





Sleep well...perhaps we shall get a shower of rain very soon.  I shall pray about that too.

2 comments:

matt said...

I hope your knee holds up well and you can get back in action:)

Sharon Kent said...

Me too, dear. One day at a time....and probably one step at a time.:) I appreciate your sense of hope!