Saturday, May 28, 2011

That's a lot of pew polishing....

I went at the church pews with a bit of a vengeance today.  Didn't think we had that many, but when you get going on them, it takes a good while.  So they're all polished up and should be good for a while now....until the next time:)

All the windows got scrubbed too, inside and out!

The lawn got cut, trimmed and rained on.  Flowers got tidied and planted.  Things look quite spiffy.

Got home and finished framing my pictures...but not before a really, really looooooong rest on my knee.  I don't think it was used to working!

The rain was good, wasn't it?  I was very busy cleaning the church sanctuary, but when I looked up and saw husband outside on the riding lawnmower at the front of the church getting totally drenched, I figured it was a very good thing, even if he did get wet.  He agreed...and finished just before I would have had to wring out his clothes.

There was a purging of sorts today at the church.  Things that have been accumulating for many, many years, were tossed or given away.  Anyone who would ask me if I thought this or that should be kept, I answered with an enthusiastic "NO".  I think I'm still in that mode since we moved into our apartment.  No point in keeping things that are no longer of any use.  Who wants a TV that works but has no buttons on the front?  Who wants an old tape recorder that doesn't record?  Who wants all this "stuff" that hasn't been looked at for twenty, thirty, forty years?

Yes, cleaning out is good, Donkey!

And it's all nice and clean now for Ernie's funeral....the main thing.

No comments: