Sunday, June 12, 2011

The clouds rolled in...and around...

And up and down.  Not really settling over P.A. until supper time.

Then it boomed and crashed and the heavens opened up and my plants got watered.  Good stuff.

I love an electrical storm.  And I love the clouds and how they gather and change and move.  I could make a lifetime of cloud watching....you know, like bird watching.  Just as interesting, to my way of thinking.

So, here is how the storm played out....in pictures....from our balcony.

 The storm appeared to be coming up quickly but it veered off 
to the east and north.

 I love the layers and layers of thunderheads readying themselves
for what is to follow.

 Some of the clouds looked like they held hail....and most likely did!

 These clouds were moving fast and circling...getting ready for
that exciting "funnel" look.
 It turned blacker by the second....

 It took a while but when the rain came....

 It came with a vengeance!

 The balcony umbrella was tied up....just in case.

And then a bit of blue sky reappeared. But I'm thinking it's not quite over yet.  I'm still hearing rumblings.

I love nature's spontaneity.  You just never really know what you're going to get dished up but whatever it is, it will be beautiful, raw, and filled with power from on high!

And it's Pentecost Sunday....a good day to see God in all his intensity.  Just glad there weren't any flames descending on our balcony!

No comments: