Monday, June 13, 2011

Easing into it....

It's what Travis, my physiotherapist does.  He begins with a fairly light massage of the knee then gets me chatting about various non-knee related subjects while doing so.  After fifteen minutes or so, he's got those fingers on that sore tendon and much heavier on the touch than when he began.  It's a case of easing into it when I'm not paying attention.  A pretty good method.  But by minute twenty though, I was wincing and yelping like a pup being beat up by her brother.

He says it's all good.  Of course, I can see that I am progressing much more favorably than even I realize.  A few weeks ago, he wouldn't dare have touched that under-the-knee tendon for fear of his life.  But today, he took a chance and I didn't kick him.  That's progress.

Then we picked up Brittney from school and we treated her at "Ice Cream Delight".  That was fun and I got to catch up on all of her comings and goings and exam schedules and the little comments about how wonderful it will be to be at Waskesiu in ten days!  Her employer wants her working full time and she is so happy about that.  No little 4 or 5 hour shifts.  She has proven herself  to be highly personable, friendly and honest and a very hard worker so that will go a long way for her.  So exciting to see her grow up and become a responsible working gal.  That is a blessing!  But first, final exams!!!

Just chatted with Matt too.  He and Thais will be coming in a couple of weeks and we are excited about that.  Just hope Shannon gets to take some days off during their time with us at the lake.

I sat outside this afternoon with my petunias and geraniums and made mental lists of things that need packing a week from this Friday.  It was a good feeling.





There was another headache last night so it was more Advil to the rescue.  When I take that stuff I dream such weird dreams, so hopefully this night will find me dreamless....NOT sleepless!


That hope goes for you as well.  'Nite all......

No comments: