Wednesday, June 15, 2011

They're weeping....

At least that's what it looks like.  My two little hanging baskets are looking a bit bedraggled and teary-eyed after that heavy downpour but I know it will be for their betterment.

I went out on the balcony after the rain while it was still heavily dripping, attempting to capture some pretty scenes...a rainbow in particular.  No rainbow.

I did manage to get some dainty droplets quivering atop some geranium petals and a few hanging from the plant hanger, etc.  It was difficult to capture the rain on the petunias though.  On them, it just seemed to slide right off.  Still wished a rainbow had appeared.  The conditions seemed to be perfect.....alas......

Click on the pics....







I attempted to capture a drop hitting the railing.  It's the best I could do:(
 The bright green of the new needles.

 Now the chairs need washing!  Dust + rain = grunge.
By the forecast, it looks like we're in for more of the same. 

On another note, husband just announced that Boston is leading Vancouver 3 to 0 in the third period.  I know one fellow who's going to be very happy....Mr. David E.  Guess you picked a winner, Dave!  Way to go!!!

I do think that my flowers are weeping in sympathy of the Canucks not bringing home Lord Stanley's cup...perhaps I'm a bit ahead of myself.  We shall see.

No comments: