Friday, March 16, 2012

Trying something...

Let's see how pictures load on this new baby....





Ouuuuu....I like what this computer is allowing me to do now.

More picture space.  I liked these ones because our children look happy here...their mouths are open wide enough to eat that burger!

Now to go to my laptop and have a bit of fun there.  Life is so good.

There are areas of sadness though...I found out a former co-worker has cancer and that makes me very, very sad.  We are never assured of having tomorrow, are we.....I pray this fellow begins to really appreciate his every breath....and every day.

It's always sobering to be faced with ones own mortality...we don't lke it...I don't like it.  But it's just another instance where we realize our smallness in the scheme of things....and how very short our time is here on earth.

What do you plan to do with your life in order for people to know you have been here?  Or is it even important for that to happen?  Or should we be important enough to have a bridge or an outhouse named after us?  What about a new product...or even a disease?  Surely, those things would be good enough for any person to leave as a legacy!  "The Sharon Kent Cracked Bridge to Northern Fun"....or "The Sharon Kent Last Chance Outhouse"....or "SKENT Raisins and Peanut Butter...all-in-one Fibre"...what about "Kent's Syndrome"....that kind of has a scholastic/nerdy ring to it!

Well, that was a bit of a tangent.....but good to think about, nonetheless.

Have a really good night's sleep.  I know there is one family though that won't be sleeping well for a good long time....

No comments: