Saturday, May 19, 2012

Speechless...

It's almost like I've run out of words.  Is that possible when there are so many things rolling around in my brain...conversations about this and that and mostly about my family and my upcoming retirement and all that it represents.

I never have been one to express myself verbally...I'm kind of the silent type.  But words always seem to be able to flow when I get typing.....but not right now.

I think I'm beginning to let things settle in my mind a bit before I get to letting those thoughts come out on the written page. 

One of the things I'm thinking about though is the gift my co-workers want to get me.  It's all very lovely but I really don't know what to tell them.  They asked me what I wanted but I feel a bit embarrassed by giving them an answer.  They know I like photography and I do think I'd love to upgrade a little bit just to take some better quality pictures but those new babies are a huge chunk of cash.  Perhaps the money they collect could be put towards something like that.  I feel it to be a privilege to accept a gift from my co-workers and I want them to be blessed by their giving but I know I also will be blessed in receiving.  Giving and receiving are reciprocal...both parties end up being blessed.

I've also been wondering whether I should buy some flowers for my deck since we're going to be away, Lord willing, for a lot of the summer.  I remember last year's flowers with much fondness....



So stay tuned...I may find something worthwhile and intelligent to speak about in the coming days.  Just don't hold your breath:)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Are you at the lake and have you taken flower pots with you? Nice way to get the value out of flowers!

Anonymous said...

You have pictures like these.. and you're doubting how well my grad photos will turn out..

- Brittney :)