Thursday, August 30, 2012

my back's against the wall...

As I sit in our outer Patio Room of the trailer, I'm warmed by the sun on the back of my neck and shoulders.  I'm reading too.  Enjoying the sun before it exits behind some huge spruce trees and I will be left with that very cool wind blowing through the screen.

It actually made me leave and go inside to warm up. 

Supper is cooking in the little outside oven so we decided it would be a good blogging day and go over to the Evergreen Coffee Shop here in Waskesiu.  I'm enjoying a "Cloud"!  Husband, a cup of Earl Grey.

The past few days has seen a dramatic weather change from the heat of summer to the coolness of fall.  The leaves are falling and changing color daily.  The huge white caps on the lake with the sun shining on them is a loveliness to behold!  The squirrels are squirreling away food faster than a speeding peanut and the elk are beginning their fall habits....the male gathering as many females as he can to continue on with the species.  It's all quite a spectacle!  I've never actually been in the midst of the seasonal change but it's all quite amazing.  The fattening up.  The gathering together.  The color changes.  The sound changes.  All readying itself for the harsh winter ahead.  We, unfortunately, are not without some of the same habits!

Fishing is on hold while the wind blows itself out.  For how long, we just can't anticipate.  We certainly won't count on the forecasts to let us know!

Matthew arrived safely back in North America, changed and inspired!  I'm looking forward to some long conversations regarding his experiences in Italy!

And life is now without Brittney.  We had one text from her...."sooooo much fun, I tell ya'"!  Her mom leaves her today to and returns to P.A.  I have no words for those kinds of feelings, feelings which, I'm certain, most of us have felt to one degree or another.  Separation.  Parting.  Leaving.  Aloneness.

As much as we try to avoid those kinds of feelings, they are feelings that are a difficult part of life and always necessary.  We become better people because of how we handle those feelings.  So my heart is sorely aching as I type this.  Brittney will thrive, no doubt, and will busy herself with her schooling.  We, on the other hand, could do with a few prayers.

Husband has finished his tea.  I have almost finished my "Cloud".  We will go and see if some breakwater pictures are in order with that marvelous "fall wind" splashing itself up and over.

Enjoy the long Labour Day Weekend!  Home is coming quickly.

No comments: