Sunday, October 28, 2012

I've returned...

Well, last weekend was super.  Way too much to write on here tonight.

I've returned from Alberta with this bronchitis...heh...what else is new.  But I managed to renew some old acquaintances, make some new ones, hear a superb speaker talk about getting God....and letting God get us (among other things), took part in an extraordinary auction (42 people raised over $7,000. for diabetic supplies in a Haitian clinic), managed to get some photos of mountains, friend's car stalled in the middle of nowhere..stayed overnight in Kindersley...took bus back to P.A....and a whole bunch of other stuff which I may elaborate on when I'm not so tired. It will make for an interesting story...

But for this evening, I shall concentrate on Matthew, who is presently preparing for Hurricane Sandy to hit the Boston area tomorrow and Brittney when it hits the Montreal area Tuesday.  I'm just happy I don't have my children presently in B.C.!!!!...but praying for those of you who do!

Here are a few pictures I took while away last weekend...

 On the way to Canmore...mid-prairie...big fields...big bales!

 The further west, the larger the hills.
Badlands.

First sight of mountains through the mist.

They're just as lovely as the last time I saw them.

Pretty impressive (rock) erection!

Shadows of sky and rock and trees.

The clouds got low.

and it snowed beautifully:)

Fall colors against the beginnings of a winter fairy land.

Great view from our hotel.

Sunday morning looked like Christmas eve...lights and all.

and the Blue Jay was there to welcome us home to our little apartment.




2 comments:

Shannon said...

Honestly at first glimpse I thought these must be post cards. Nice pics.

Sharon Kent said...

heh..heh...thanks!