Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a new year...

I find myself with absolutely no resolutions.  That word sounds so definitive...so final.

I want to simply be a better person.  More transparent.  More dependable. More trustworthy.  Friendlier.  To speak much less.  To think a great deal more. To not allow myself to fit into a preconceived mold I may have of myself.  I want my 'borders' to expand (not physically, that's for sure)!  I want to appreciate what is perceived as impossible, knowing there are mysteries in life that I am not privy to.

I want to love more deeply.  I want to appreciate people more. I want to be much less negative. I want to see the good in people and leave the unsavory alone.  I want to speak about others but only to enhance them and appreciate their goodness.  I want to know that which is unseen and for that Unseen to lead me to further appreciate all that is around me.  Some of us see that  unseen as God...others may see that quite differently...and even that difference I want to be able to appreciate.

OK.  So I have no resolutions.  But I do have intentions.  I have begun to see that our intention about doing something is vital!

My intention is to be better at whatever it is I endeavor to do.

There are things I intend NOT to do as well.  I intend to NOT allow my camera to rule me!  That particular intention has been worked upon for several months now.  One can get addicted to things very quickly, I am finding!  So, I shall attempt to use my lovely Canon T3i to enhance events and to let me capture things that would be good for everyone to see and to be able to walk out of the apartment without it attached to my neck.  Perhaps I'm not a true photographer after all...

I know too, that resolutions and intentions are subtly intertwined.  Resolutions however, tend to put restrictions on us but intentions, I believe, are meant to enhance our beings, to encourage us to go forward and not get caught up in rigid resolutions!

We shall see how I do over the coming months!  Not that I am ever guaranteed those months, but I intend to live each day with purpose and intention!

I also intend to keep feeding the birds.  Happy New Year!

No comments: