Saturday, March 29, 2008

In the dark....

It's Earth Hour.

I'm looking down the street and I don't see many lights on.

All of our lights are off in our house. TV and computer are still on though.........guess I'm a flunkie.

I really do wonder how we will begin to manage more respectfully, the resources we've been given. We use electricity with abandon not to mention fuel, food and water.

I'm attempting to use less water...shorter showers, never leaving the tap running uselessly, less water to wash dishes (don't use dish washer). We send all paper products, plastics and cans to recycle facilities. We don't leave lights on when we're not in the room. Stuff like that.

Next it will be fuel consumption. I don't relish the thought of walking everywhere but it would most likely be better for me.......perhaps a bit unsafe.....but better for me, physically.

I do think we need to do this Earth Hour thing at least once a day and see if we can get into good habits.

We'll have to do something. The rest of the world is watching........and we need to be better stewards of all God has given us.

1 comment:

Kim said...

AMEN! Preach it sister!
This is music to my ears.