Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's all about the love...

Pastor Randall once again gave a message of hope and love.

We're not talkin' ordinary love....as in, I LOVE sweets, I LOVE my new car, I LOVE how my hair smells.....no, not that kind of love.

We're talkin' extra-ordinary love...as in, sacrificial love, loving the unloved and unlovely, loving first and not expecting others to love us first or even love us back at all, love that comes from the Spirit of the Living God.

There is no other love like that. It goes against the natural grain of human beings. It's an inside out, backward, opposite kind of love that isn't always shown by people. In our humanness, we don't always think of others before ourselves. We don't always love those who hate us or condemn us or make fun of us or spit upon us.

Jesus did. Jesus loved like that.

Jesus offers us that kind of love too, the kind that gives life to people, not judgment...... and hope instead of ridicule.

The Spirit of the Living God is like that. It is extra-ordinary and allows us to love in extra-ordinary ways.

Pour it on me Lord...............

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have you ever thought about writing a book?
You are just eloquent and healing in the way you write.
I appreciate what you said, and yes may the Lord pour it on all of us.

Sharon Kent said...

I guess it starts with simply Me....but ya' gotta' start somewhere, right? I'm waiting for a soaking.

Thanks for the encouragement too, Kim.:)