Friday, December 12, 2008

Another good-bye.......

Another funeral today. At the beginning of October there were three ladies in our church who were 92 years of age. Only one remains.



Today was a great tribute to Edna McLennan. She was one strong-willed, feisty lady, who refused to live in a Care Home. Now she doesn't have to concern herself with those kinds of decisions. She has reached her final destination....heaven.



I love to hear the stories at funerals of people whom I thought I knew. It always turns out to be a time of getting to know another side of them, it seems.



I hope I am transparent enough in this world though, so people will know all sides of me, the good, the bad and all that other stuff in between. That is important to me. I don't want people to say about me when I'm gone, that they wished they had known this or that about me. I want friendships to be true and honest enough so that they know who I really am....and I in turn, know who they are. Good friendships can do that. I want to be able to appreciate others lives while they are here.....not only after they are gone.



To me, friendship with God is very similar. I want to get to know him now, here, while I am able, so that when I see him again when I leave this earth, he won't have to say to me that he never knew me....



The church youth are over tonight. I'm going to watch them play some games. I want to get to know them also.......and if I join them and make a stupid move, they can get to know the real me!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

aaaahhh! what's with my face?

Sharon Kent said...

YOUR face? Just look at Thomas!!!!:-)

Mr. C.C. said...

I don't know who that was. Then again, some of the older ones I never knew. At least there is some sort of a youth group still happening. I remember going to Mary Jane and Tom's house with youth group. There were good times.

Sharon Kent said...

Chris, I think you actually DO know these young folks except that they've grown up considerably since you have moved away.

Guess that's just what happens.

This group may be small, but they're mighty!!!