Thursday, December 11, 2008

How to really celebrate being 61...

This is how I ended 61 years of living, with tomorrow the beginning of my 62nd year:
It began with a phone call from daughter and granddaughter on their speaker phone singing the "Happy Birthday" song while I unwrapped their birthday gifts that had been sent to me earlier in the week.
Then I was serenaded by our illustrious duo,
Andrea and Val in two part harmony with said Birthday song....
with a surprise visit from Santa Kim.
There were emails and verbal good wishes all day long!
I even received some cards with more kind words...

Then an E-card from son with some very funny mooing cows and such
followed by some loving and very kind words to his mother.


And more kind and loving words on a card
from daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter...

Gifts....some lovely tree ornaments, some Body Shop stuff and
this beautiful Christmas treat calendar from daughter and family.

And God saw to it that I had a special gift of snow!


Then supper at a fine dining restaurant "Chandeliers"...


with some Filet Mignon.......oh man.....was that scrumptious.....

A lovely birthday shared with the wonderful love of my life.
A moment ago son called and he and his girlfriend and her friends all sang "The Birthday Song" once more. What a lovely ending to a perfect day. I am blessed indeed.
Iwould be remiss if I did not say "thanks" to my dear mother who bore me on this day in 1947, and my wonderful father who shared his genes with me. They fit quite well..........:-)
Did you know that my favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart, came out in 1947? Ya.....I'm that old!

4 comments:

Linea said...

My head must be elsewhere these days. How did I miss greeting you on your day. Belated greetings and I will spare you the singing.

Mr. C.C. said...

Apparently you missed Phil's birthday as well. Same day, different year. It is nice to know that you have people who care. Plus I didn't think you were that age. Than again, age is just number. You are only as old as you feel.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sharon....sorry I wasn't there to give you a big hug. Sounds like you had a great day and that a lot of people care about you. Have a great weekend, continue with the celebrations.
dw

Sharon Kent said...

Thanks all.

"That age" really is just a number.

It was a day to remember...