Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Remembrance....

Today, 35 years ago, my best friend died.

He was 21.

He was my brother.

I often think about what it would have been like had he lived and been a part of my life and the life of our children.

Our son is very much like him....in so many ways......quite uncanny.

But I remembered Frederick Dale Benson today...remembered his laughter, his genuineness, and gentleness....his compassion for people and love for them.....his great sense of humor and sense of service to others....his humility and kindness....a godly man, dare I say, at that young age. You rarely get all those traits in one human being which is why so many people counted it a great loss for him to die.

I was no exception.

But life continues on even in our grief and as it does....time begins it's healing on our souls.

For that I thank God.

1 comment:

Linea said...

So young he was too.