Thursday, October 1, 2009

For the birds....





If I had a whole whack of time, I'd spend it watching birds. I love how they hop and peck and peep and screech and do all manner of things worth viewing.
Sometimes they even dig into the grass. I suppose they're eating bugs or perhaps seeds but they almost get covered up they dig down so deeply. All that digging I think, makes them stronger and enables them to provide for themselves........they must persevere and work hard or go hungry. However, there always appears to be an abundance of what the birds need for nourishment....everywhere.
I do wished I could get a bit closer to that Blue Jay though. He's a crafty one...or perhaps he's a tad shy, although hearing him one would not believe him to be a shrinking violet! A simple little movement has him scurrying to attempt to hide his outlandish bold coat of blue. I have yet to get a decent picture of him!
The most important thing about them though is the fact that they are provided for...and so am I.......constantly. I was reminded of that when I read:

Matthew 6:25, 26 (The Message)
"If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds."
I sometimes forget that part....

No comments: