Friday, June 4, 2010

Sometimes friendship is instant....

She and I sat and chatted a bit before she went into her interview for a summer student position as receptionist in our office.  I was impressed.  She had a sweetness and a genuineness about her that I really liked.

Now, she is a receptionist in our office.  We became fast friends....at least that's my impression...and I think it's hers as well.  Today we found out we both have "Renaud's Disease"....very odd!!!  You know the disease where you have extremely poor circulation and when you get cold your extremities turn blue/purple/burgundy.  Ya.  We figured that was some similarity!!!

I've been telling her about husband and his impending surgery and all the things that we are thinking and feeling and going through the past few days.  This morning she walked into the office and directly to my desk where she proceeded to hand me two white and pink silk orchids on a stem with a little bag of Lindt chocolates attached.....all tied up with a delicate pink ribbon...and a lovely card with her sentiments written on the inside.  See what I mean.  We really have become fast friends. 

So, here is Alycia (A-lee-sha), my dear young new friend whom I know I am going to miss greatly when she has to move to Saskatoon to attend university for her 2nd year.

I am blessed to have her beside me every day....she's a beauty....in every possible way and I thank God for her.  This new friendship also keeps me humble....I'm older than her grandma!!!  Oh well, it's just a #!

No comments: