Monday, February 4, 2013

Side-tracked...

Well, now that cataract surgery #2 is out of the way for Ken and my cold is on its way south, perhaps we can once again begin our fitness program in earnest.  We'll be able to begin again next week!  Although, after his hip X-ray today, not sure what that will reveal.  A new hip may be in the offing...we shall see.

I hadn't planned on retirement being quite this way but I suppose you simply take each day as it comes and deal with it.  No one said it was a guaranteed fun time!!!

Had a terrific birthday supper last evening at Shannon's place for Brittney...who turned 19 today!  She began her new job too, at Rod's Decorating, so of course, I had to phone her up to sing the "Birthday Song".  She took what was left of her birthday cake to share with everyone too...and they had a card all ready to give her when she arrived....had something to do with "plumbers crack"...so I guess she has won their favour very quickly!!!:)  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL BRITTNEY!!!

Here she is at Grad with her favorite teacher, Mr. Bowden.

And the snow continues to pile up...and up...and up...and up.  For those of you in southern climes, good on ya!  Smart move!  Well planned!  Don't come home!  We love you...but if you can enjoy warm sun and fun, just do it!  I can't recall this much snow for quite some time....perhaps since I was a child, you know, back in the good old days of the fifties.

Ooops...have to answer this Skype call from Matt......

Ahhhh....that was some good conversation with my son.  I always come away refreshed, encouraged and renewed after speaking with him.  His path is taking him places where he has and is becoming a new and improved Matthew Kent!  I thank God for this!!!

So, off to bed now to sleep...perchance to dream....and hopefully, to sleep better than last night at least!

No comments: