Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ever get God-logged?

It's kind of like being waterlogged except better. When I get water-logged, well, I've been in that water for ever-so-long. I'm soaked. I'm drenched. I'm wet clear through.

I really don't think you CAN be God-logged but sometimes it feels like it. I think it's when there are so many things to talk to him about and you find yourself going to a place where you can sit and think and meditate and wait. He comes to us when we do that.

Lately, I've been returning again and again to the Scripture passage in Jeremiah 29. I think I am, because our adult children are in a time of change in their lives and I am seeking God out and discussing this all with Him. Daughter and family will be moving in a few weeks. She will be going to university in the fall. Major changes for them. Son has just been laid off from his job. (The night before this, he asked God to help him to not be so self-reliant!!!) Sometimes we're stunned when God answers so quickly!!!

I want the best for my children and so, I go to the One who knows best.

This is what Jeremiah prophesied in his letter to the Exiles in 29:19: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proser you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

There's just something about that constant calling on the Lord and praying to him. It says he listens! So I continue on, seeking him with my whole heart. It says I will find him too, and he will restore me.

I guess that's when I get that God-logged feeling. Like he's permeating my heart, soul and mind. When I'm in the midst of seeking him, there is a constant heaviness, like I have to wade through this swamp until I get to the other side, where I can change clothes and feel a whole lot lighter!

I believe. I believe for my children and their needs. I believe for my friends and their needs........even for me.

I'm feelin' saturated, but I'll be puttin' on dry stuff, hopefully soon.

No comments: