Sunday, May 20, 2007

He knows where I live.

Pastor Randall at church today talked about Job. Chapter 23:8-12. Look it up if you like. It’s interesting. We find Job physically down and out, but not his spirit. He had lost everything he had, including his children, and his wife seemed a little less than enthusiastic about his future.

But Job didn’t give up on God. From everyone else’s standpoint, it looked like God had given up on him though. Job expressed that God’s Word was more important to him than eating. Yes, it was a season of testing and at the end of that testing, we find Job repenting and being blessed more than he had ever been before - both physically and spiritually.

It sometimes seems like God has thrown in the towel with us, but he hasn’t. He hasn’t lost our address. He sees us thrashing about like mad fools, yelling and screaming at him and carrying on like people with a death wish. But he knows where we live. He waits. He waits as we become refined, like pure gold, learning lessons in life that need to be learned.

When we do unloving things, he shows us how to love.
When we mess up, he refines us.
When we think we cannot possibly face another day, he appears like an ocean summer breeze and revives our spirits.

Some of my friends, like Job, are experiencing difficult seasons in their lives right now.

Oh, God, keep your address book handy.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I like the look of your page. I hope you will still write for Gateway, but I'm glad you got your own place just for you now.

-Matt

Matthew said...

I like the look of your page. I hope you will still write for Gateway, but I'm glad you got your own place just for you now.

-Matt

Sharon Kent said...

Thanks Matthew. It was kind of like a shot in the dark to find my way around in here, but I did it. I didn't even have to phone Randall!

I kind of feel like I've found my place now. Hope I get a few readers some day....well, I've got you anyway and I'm pleased about that.

Perhaps one day you'll come back to writing again....or have you already?

Ta ta for now.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, this is awesome. I look forward to reading your blog each day. I am going to miss you so much while I am off on my term position. Keep up the good work.
Corinne