Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm busy......not being relational.

Ever get so busy you forget about people? I do. I don't totally forget them, I just get so busy with life and "important tasks" that I don't connect with them like I would like to.

I had to rethink this 'being busy' thing.

I have a family.....a husband who, most of the time, enjoys my company, as I do his. Then my children/son-in-law and granddaughter.....I enjoy being with them very much too.

I do have a job.....a paying job, that is - 9 to 5. So there's that responsibility.

I do have another job....non-paying, that is. Church things....taking minutes, typing them out, being involved with church decisions and varying degrees of involvement in service.

Then there are relationships. I have developed some good friendships and they are important to me, but lately, I've been slipping a bit. Oh, I connect via email and such. That doesn't cut it though. I need their presence in my life.

God, help me to sort out my stuff, so that, in the end, I'm doing kingdom things....things that please you.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Mom, you should get Randall to set up some different comments for you, or give me your password so I can do it, because you can't comment on here without a Gmail address or whatever.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I changed it so anyone can comment. And yeah, I like the look of it. Very...charming? I don't know how to describe it, but it suits you, I think.