Thursday, June 7, 2007

People are important to me.

That's kind of an understatement I suppose, because I know that people actually are life to me. Even though I usually don't like huge crowds of folks around, I enjoy the fact that every person is a creation of the Father, one of his shaping and molding, and some of these created beings shape who I am and what I am.

Not just my husband and family either. I'm talking friends - some of whom I work with. I'm with them all day, hearing their stories, listening to them speak of their children or their circumstances in life, watching how they work at their jobs, and how different each one approaches life and home and work. I enjoy being a part of them, because everyone I have a relationship with, affect and change and become a part of me.

Strange isn't it.

Relationship.

Life is all about relationship. Remember the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks. Ya. We have it deep within us to have relationship, hopefully with another living being. Poor Tom was stuck with "Wilson" but, hey, that WAS just a movie after all. Nevertheless, it portrayed man's true instinct to be in relationship......with something, even if it is a soccer ball!

I believe it's God who has put that desire for relationship within us. A desire to know others, sometimes deeply and more importantly, a desire to know God more fully.

Invariably, we try various combinations of things during our lives, to help satisfy the longings within us, but what are those longings........are they for people.........or alcohol...........or sex........ or drugs....or power......or more of this and that or being the best at this or that? What?????

In the end, I'm finding, it's all about God and His desire to be in relationship with us.

He calls. Sometimes we hear. Other times we don't. But you know, the older I get, the more clear things become. I'm finding the closer He gets, the better I hear.......and see.........and understand............Him.

The relationship happens with communication. Talking. Listening. Hearing. Waiting.

Waiting on God.

No comments: