Thursday, August 16, 2007

A good evening.

That's what we had.

It began after supper with a huge wheel barrow full of weeds that I pulled from the front rock garden which is on a 45 degree angle. Oh, ya.....Talk about calf work-out..........and I don't mean mooooooooo! I nearly took several headers during my "time on the rock" and I'm sure the neighbors were quite entertained.....heck, I even entertained myself.......I felt myself slipping, well, one leg at least, so that it was paralell to the rocks. The other leg stayed stationary. Get the picture. Yep. Made ME laugh.

Then:
Good friends came by to our new place and we chatted and had tea and raisin pie with ice cream (Charlie's favorite) and cinnamon buns (Sandy likes those). It was good to connect.

We talked about integrity.....about gaining respect from others and about doing what we believe is right when everyone around you is saying you're wrong, about standing your ground when it's a rockin' and a quakin'. We talked about the importance of treating everyone equally, not favoring those who have more power over us but giving the same consideration to all, as equals. Christ was a good example in this area.

Good talks with friends - those are times when we build one another up and encourage one another and spur one another on to do good works and be "little Christs". I really like it when they come over. Seems like we've been friends forever - good friends.

A great way to end the day.

Now, bring on the liniment, dear husband. My calves are bawling.

No comments: