Friday, August 24, 2007

The Queen City

Here we are in Regina, the Queen City. We love visiting daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter except granddaughter isn't here this weekend. She's in Prince Albert.

When we return tomorrow we shall connect with her. Funny how that managed to play itself out.

It's fun going to the big(er) city. Lots to see. Lots to do. Lots to choose from when shopping. And far too many good restaurants.

The thing I really enjoy is coming to daughter's home and seeing how she has decorated her new place. Old stuff. New place. She has a natural affinity towards decorating and she does it well. So, I take her with me shopping. Everything I had picked out and put in the shopping cart, I ended up putting back. She had ever-so-much better ideas for what would "match". I trust her good taste. She knows the kinds of things I like and she picks those kinds of things out - things I would never think of..........and we're not talking clothes. She's fun to be with.

It was a short trip and I know when she begins university in a few weeks, our times of seeing one another will be fewer. She'll be busy studying. I'll be busy working.

Not sure if son will be able to come home either. Car troubles. We'll see.

Good thing I got to use daughter's computer. Ours is down and out. I've tried to access SaskTel's help desk but I have better things to do than sitting around waiting for hours "for the next available service person". Perhaps if I call them up at say, 3 in the morning. They shouldn't be too busy then.

Adieu.........until we meet again.............whenever that will be............

1 comment:

Linea said...

Sorry to hear your computer is down - and out. For good? I mean did it really die?

You must find a way to do some posting. I like the stuff you write.