Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today.

I missed prayer time today. Figured I should stay home one more day from work with this sinus head cold.

Saw the doctor too, as I felt it begin to slip into my chest. He said to try "Reactin" and so I did. I hope it begins to work soon as I really do believe my head is on the throws of a cave-in. How ones body is able to produce such a huge abundance of mucus has me baffled....so I'm waiting for this "mucus annihilator" to do it's work. Can't you just picture those little armor suited guys, with a big red "R" on their chests, fighting their way up to my sinus cavities, routing out all those little green guys.....and with one enormous bellow of air from the lungs, the little green guys fall by the wayside via my awaiting softie tissue. And a huge cheer goes up by the normal nasal masses.

Heh, guess I should have put a warning at the beginning of today's blog:

"WARNING: Not to be read by people who have never wiped kids runny noses".

Funny isn't it, how the cleaning up of children's bodily fluids makes us pretty good "cope-ers". You know the experiences I'm speaking of...... the diapers that are not always in the best of shape when removed, the throwing-up-in-the-night-on-all-the -sheets-floor-wall-P.J's experience, the constant nose running when the teeth are trying to poke through, the bathtub time with "extras" when the plug is pulled, the gashes on the head with copious amounts of blood spewing forth......ya, those kinds of messy things. They make us stop thinking about ourselves. We go ahead and start to clean up our child's mess without a thought to our own comfort. We clean up the mess because we love.

Love allows us to do unusual things sometimes for those we love.

No, don't worry. I won't expect husband to wipe my nose!! But I really love it when he brings me tea................

No comments: