Monday, November 26, 2007

Has it come to this already??

Look. It's not yet December.

I have had to make a "to do" list........already!!!

Usually this takes place, you know, probably a few weeks prior to Christmas when everything gets a little crazy.

This year it's a month before Christmas.

I don't think I like that.

If I don't make my list each day of things that have to be done and places I must be, as well as phone calls I must make.......not to mention working 8-5 at my job......some things just slip away into the sea of forgetfulness. And since I don't like to forget important events like a root canal or baking something for the funeral of a great lady.....I'll just make my list.

Of course, there's always next year when people ask me to do this or that, I can say, "I don't really think I can manage to do that this time".....and hopefully then, I'll be list-free. (I CAN say that but most likely I won't. I know me.)

Yes. We'll start perhaps next year to ease off from tasks that would take away my festive "spirit". ;-)

In the meantime, I'm still looking for special numbers for our Advent Program this coming Sunday at 6 p.m. If you know of anyone who would be willing to sing, dance, play an instrument, tell a story, read a poem (all with an Advent theme, of course.....) just let me know.

I'll add them to my "list".............

2 comments:

Shauna Bennett said...

It sure feels good though to cross off those items when they are completed right!? Sometimes I add things that I've already done, just so I can check them off! (Shh...don't tell!)

Sharon Kent said...

Oh Shauna, you are one funny lady!!

Anyone that does "books" for a living just has to enjoy lists. It's all in there with that very organized mind you have.

I,on the other hand, HAVE TO make lists so I don't make a fool of myself......and for no other reason.;-)