Friday, November 23, 2007

Keeping cool amidst the "heat".

If I had to, I think I may be able to put out a fire..............now.....kind of........

After being trained in the fine art of "putting out a fire", via a $60,000. simulator for such things, you may now count on me for your various class A, B and C fires as one who knows how to pull the pin, and squeeze the handle and spray the contents. Should I start running the other way, you may publicly humiliate me for cowardice.

It was all quite cool actually. While the simulated fires burned on a huge screen in front of us (complete with the sizzling and crackling) it was a very cool thing to wave the fire extinguisher hose in front of us and actually "put out the fire".............without a hair on our heads being scorched nor a whiff of smoke within the confines of the room.

Yes, for a hot procedure, it was all pretty cool.

We weren't given a fireman's badge though. Guess we have to be a little more brave to get one of those.

I'll just have to be satisfied with my "paper" saying I can simulate putting out a fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can certainly see the value in training such as that, but really, what are the odds of a building burning down from a simulated fire?

Sharon Kent said...

Ya, I wonder what those odds are??

Anyway, if you know of a simulated fire happening, just call on me.