Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's funny??

I think in my "later-middle" years of life, I tend to not take certain things too seriously as I have done in the past.

For instance, someone saying something negative about me either to my face or behind my back. I used to be very upset about that kind of thing for whatever reason. These days, I find that if someone takes the time to actually have a conversation about me in the first place - bad or good - well, I feel I have just taken up their time with unimportant things that need not be said. There are too many people and issues of great value that COULD be spoken of but instead they have wasted their time on me. Pity, I say.

Then there are issues of hearing a story (a fairly serious story to the person telling it) and me, finding great humor in the whole thing. What's with that anyway? I suppose I've come to the conclusion that it is better to laugh in the face of adversity than to take it all too seriously. It's how you look at it, I suppose. Anyway, it's so much easier to laugh than not.

Speaking of something funny.......Did you hear about the guy who went into the restaurant and asked, "Waiter, may I please have a cup of tea without cream?" The waiter went to the kitchen to retrieve the tea but came back to the customer asking, "I'm sorry sir, we have no cream. Would it be fine for you to have your tea without milk instead?"

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!

I know. I know. It's my sense of "English humor" coming through.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I actually found that pretty funny. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

Sharon Kent said...

Ah yes, son. You and I do laugh at the oddest of things, I must admit. I guess that's a good thing.