Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm different now.

I really don't like saying good bye to people whom I have come to love and appreciate.

I'm going on vacation for a few weeks and today was the last day that Bev and I will work together. She's a gem. She's gentle and serious and funny. She's intelligent and knows her job and does it exceptionally well. She's quiet with an infectious laugh. She's going on to something new, in a different building and she will make more money!! I know she will do well at her new job too. I will miss her. I know everyone will.

Funny how people come into your life at various times. We connect. We learn from one another. We become different people because we have met......and then we move on.

It's OK to do that....to move on, that is, because life is always changing and becoming something new and offering us new experiences.

We grow too, as human beings when we allow ourselves to become a part of someone else's world.

I'm glad God brought Bev into my world. I'm the better for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's encouraging, that no matter how circumstances change things, it never negates the positive impacts people have had on our lives.

Shauna Bennett said...

I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with the both of you, and the ways that I've been changed because of our relationships. A real blessing. May your Christmas be filled with God's love!

Sharon Kent said...

Have a blessed Christmas too Shauna, you and your entire family. You have been one special person in my life also.

Continuing on in my prayers for you.