Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Whooooooooaaah Mamma.

Wheewwwwwww. See. Guess it's not so bad after all.

I'm still able to type. I can make my way around the computer pretty well.

I've not left my car keys in some wretched, forsaken, forgotten place....like in a shoe or under a rug or in the china cabinet.

I can still see and hear reasonably well. My sense of humor is pretty much in tact. Just ask husband!!!

People were really nice to me today too. I had three renditions of "the song" sung at various intervals throughout the day.....morning (granddaughter), mid-day (co-worker duet) and night (worship musicians).

I received hugs, kisses, good wishes, and phone calls from various family members and friends.

I received cards and notes and presents and flowers, candy and clothes.

Spoke with daughter in Regina...... and a good conversation we had too.

Spoke with son in Winnipeg for good, long time as well.

Was taken out to supper by a very loving and generous Aunt.

I am so undeserving to receive such love but I accept it and appreciate all of it.

Thank you.

Perhaps I'd like to turn 60 again tomorrow. It just ain't that bad.....to my way a' thinkin'........

And I would be remiss if I did not mention my dear mother today, who gave me life and put up with me, a colicky, miserable little baby the first six months of my life and taught me many things on my journey through those young years and into my teens. Patience. Acceptance. How to give love and receive it. Perseverance in the face of wanting to give up. The importance of God in my life. All this and so much more. Makes me realize my job as a mother will continue on until I breathe my last breath...... Ya, without mothers.......where would we be?????? (A rhetorical question ;-)).

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, I'm thankful for my mom, too:)

Sharon Kent said...

Guess I brunged ya' up good....;-)

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hey if I'd known it was the big 6-0 yesterday, I would've made fun of you more at practice. :)

Happy Birthday, again. You're definitely deserving of a nice day and I'm glad you got it.

Anonymous said...

December 11th is a good day to have a birthday.