Monday, January 28, 2008

It's all white.

Don't fret. This too shall pass.

However, it is NOT, I repeat NOT, a good day to wear white, unless you want to be mistaken for a snow bank and get driven over!

Nice white, crisp shapes today. There are snow drifts in our back yard that look like they had been formed with a lathe. Long lines pressed and molded high up into a razored peak. Square chunks sitting atop bird feeders and fences. A mountainous escarpment edging precariously over the roof top.

I'll be watching for avalanches.

It has certainly been one of my most favorite of days. Blizzards. They give me goose bumps and not because it's heading down to -54C with the wind chill.

It's all just a total delight to my senses. The wind rages, people huddle, faces are all but invisible and cars plow through drifts and embankments.

All that and it's heading off to Winnipeg tonight. I do trust those starting off to Prov in the morning for classes, use discernment and good judgment. ;-)

God, keep safe those who are out in the elements tonight, for whatever reason.

Oh, and thanks for the storm. I am blessed to have shelter and warmth in its midst.

1 comment:

Shauna Bennett said...

Just got back from night class...I wasn't thinking it was so beautiful, but after reading your blog, I'm reminded to see the beauty.

I'll just stick to looking out from the inside. ;)