Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stains.

Some of them are just nasty to get out. Even after being washed and washed and sprayed with the goopy stain remover and even a once over with a bit of bleach.....it sits there, dark and annoying.

My pretty, off-white towels are like that. I've done everything possible to those babies to clean them and the stains stay like they belong. Well, I guess they do belong....NOW.

I know they were put their by someone I love.

But, because that someone is loved so very much by me, I just overlooked those icky stains. They're there alright, but somehow they just don't matter. What matters is that I didn't judge that person I love for staining my towels. Guess I could have. I chose not to.

My life is like my towels, I've come to the conclusion.

People see those stains in my life that will be there for good. They fade with time but there is just enough there for people to remember my dirty spots from quite a long while back.

The people I love though, look at those spots and remember how God has faded those stains with his grace and washed them with His life-giving water......and blood.

It is with my stains that I have felt the gentle hands of God, the Super-Cleaner-Upper, sudsing me up and getting out my grime. He left a bit of residue but that's OK. It reminds me of the stain that WAS there before and how clean I've become since the first scrubbing.

I think he used Dove with scented oil, 'cause He knows how much I really like that stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I've gotta get me some of that stuff.

Linea said...

Washed white as snow, I believe, in His eyes.

But we don't let ourselves see it even when it is of utmost importance only from His point of view.

Maybe those little traces that are left are to remind ourselves of the magnitude of His grace.