Friday, January 25, 2008

"That time" of the month.....

Ya. It's "that time" alright. No, I don't mean to be talking about "woman stuff".

It's "that time" of January, where people everywhere are either coming away from, entering in to or totally down with - THE FLU.

Bummer.......literally.

I've herded the wagons into a circle and my ammunition's ready to blast away at any of those nasty germs heading in my direction.

I'm washing my hands almost every hour. I'm trying hard to keep my hands totally away from any orifice on my head. Getting extra sleep. Drinking more than normal - and not water either...........a sip or two of wine is good for the system. Kleenex boxes are standing by.

I was going to say "bring 'em on"....but I don't want to tempt fate ;-)

With various co-workers coughing and hacking and blowing and shall I say "running"; with my poor Auntie sick with this virus too; not to mention husband in the throws of sick-dom, I'm all but ready to throw in the towel.....but I shall hold on and fight to the end.

Bring on the brandy. Bring on the Tylenol. Bring on the cheap whiskey, if it has to come to that! Don't worry. It could be a little bit o' celebratin' Robbie Burns Day ya' know..........

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I wasn't actually sleeping with the germs....but I'd much rather have my "germ-man" sleeping beside me coughing, than to have him in another room.

If worse comes to worse.........we shall simply suffer together.

You get the whiskey and I'll get the Benylin.......and I'll be in Scotland before 'ye......;-)

No comments: