Friday, February 15, 2008

Overheard at the gas pumps.

You know the story about "my dad is stronger than your dad"?

Well, at the gas pump today in Regina, we saw and heard this story.

Big department of highways plough truck pulls up to one side of the back part of the lane to gas up. A busy day in Regina as the past couple of days it snowed a considerable amount. He's putting the pump away and getting ready to drive away when in front of him in the vacant pump spot, up pulls a young fellow in a van to get gas for his vehicle.

Man with big snow plough says to fellow with little van, "You had better back that van up 'cause I'm drivin' through and if you're not backed up I'm goin' to push you out of the way!" He gets into his truck, starts it up, begins to let the plough down into the "pushing" mode and begins to drive forward. There is loads of room for him to back up his truck.

Driver of van hears what was just said to him, walks over to the driver of the big plough truck and yells up at the guy through the roar of the motor, "You want me to back up, do you??? Well, I'll tell you what I'm going to do! I'm going to report you to your supervisor, THAT'S what I'm GOING to do!!! Who do you think you are? Pushing my vehicle out of the way, so you don't have to back up!!! Who the _ _ _ _ do you think you are????!!!! You WON'T be pushing my vehicle ANYWHERE!!!! Get that A_ _ _ _ _ _???!"

Would that be considered "gas pump" rage......they were't really on a road......

Life is so much more interesting in the "big city". :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happened???

Sharon Kent said...

heh heh heh by the time the guy in the van said his feisty piece, his vehicle was all filled up. He backed up his van and the snow plough ploughed on through.