Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Break...

We were away for Easter. It's good to be home again though. It was a good Easter. We had never, in all of our nearly 40 years of marriage, been away from home for Easter. It was different and it was good. Attended a different church on Easter Sunday. Sometimes, those times make one so appreciative of what one has. Not that it wasn't a good service, but I wasn't celebrating Easter with my own church family. Church family is important to me and I miss not being with them on important occasions.

I not only had a break from P.A. (not that I need one) but it was a break from blogging. I know I never have anything of great significance to say here but they're my thoughts and that is why I blog. It was a good break from even my own thoughts!

My break from work. Well, that's a whole different story. I went back to work today with 224 emails to be read. Some, I simply deleted. Some, I read and filed. Some, I read and kept current. Others await me tomorrow. I somehow don't feel like I can keep up with everything these days. Perhaps it's because I've been so exhausted and sick that I simply don't have energy to even think about involving myself with extra things. I don't want to let people down but I know I can't do everything I used to do. It just isn't happening.

What do we do when we find we can't do all we used to do.

Relax, I guess. It's the only option left open...........

God will help me with the rest of it. Perhaps it is he, who wishes me to take a break from things that aren't really necessary. Guess I'll eventually find out.

Until then, I'll go to bed and have a good cough.........still.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom,
Just take it one step at a time. Don't worry if you can't keep up with the pace your used to. That's OK. Work is well its just work and it will eventually get done, and is thereofre not worth stressign about.
As for your thoughts, they are important and I'm glad you take the time to jot them down. All thoughts are important in one way or another, whether they are yours or Martin Luther Kings. They all begin from deep within us and that is something. If nobody else cares about them - God still does and that's all that really matters. After all isn't he called the Alpha and Omega?
Have a great day at work. However, don't work too hard that you end up with a headache or feeling sicker than when you got there.
When will you be ready to retire again? Maybe you guys should re-evaluate this thought some more. After all, you deserve it. I'm sure there's many things you'd love to do and I really want to see you getting a chance to do them. After all life's already too short, so what are you waiting for?

Love Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

I agree with Shannon. I think you should think about retirement. Those extra couple of years won't make a huge difference on your pension. You will gain more elsewhere. Spring is here, a good time to make fresh new changes to your life. I care about you.

Love E.C.

Linea said...

Glad you are home again. Missed you on Sunday.