Friday, May 9, 2008

Just plain tired....

Busy at work. So busy I'm exhausted this evening.

I feel void of anything but tiredness.

If warm weather doesn't come soon, I may simply hibernate until next summer.

And I think of my children and all they are doing and their physical ailments and all of their own personal responsibilities and that just makes me feel more tired.

And Aunt Connie will continue to be in hospital for a very long time and when I think on that I get sad.........and being sad for any length of time makes one tired too.

And a friend died this week. I'm sad for that too. Sad that he was ill for so long with such a debilitating disease. Sad that he couldn't live what we would call a "normal" life for the last several years. Sad that we won't meet him in Humpty's again and have a chat.

In the midst of all of the sadness and tiredness...........Jesus comes.

He says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Today, those words are my strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad for Connie too.

Such a hard thing to have to face at this time of life when everything is clear and vivid.

then to not be able to have your body do or say what it needs to.

I'm thinking of her this week