Saturday, June 28, 2008

fish...

Ya, well, I caught my limit of jack......and husband caught his limit too....but they ended up on my hook somehow. Not sure how those things happen.

Anyway, MY fish was large, as in....my reel made that high pitched spinning sound as soon as he got near the boat. Away he would go with my hook in his mouth (poor fish), under the boat and around the other side, but I managed to reel him in. About a 7 or 8 pounder. Not sure what I would do if they were any larger.

Best fishing day I've ever had. Poor husband though had to not only net them and take them off my hook, but he also had to clean and filet them too! But I just feel so important that I can contribute to the provision of food to our household. Until now, it's been husband with deer, antelope and elk.

I'm right in there with him....a "hunter/gatherer".....well, a "fisher/gatherer" at least.

More stories from the north country in due time.

No comments: