Thursday, August 14, 2008

Discerning...

Ya, there are some things that have me on my knees these days.....and not scrubbing floors either.

People are sick. They are lonely. Some are making crucial decisions. Others aren't making any decisions at all and they need to.

My heart and mind waft into the Father's presence, seeking Him out, waiting, asking, reasoning, desiring, attempting to discern various situations, all the while knowing that "God works all things together for good, to those that love him and are called according to his purposes." Romans 8:28

I need stillness. I need quietness. I need aloneness. I need to be on the same page as God in these days. There are circumstances and decisions being made by folks that will last on into eternity and I desire to be thinking with the mind of Christ.

Yet, we are expected to keep on living and working and doing all the things we need to do each day. We get busy. We get distracted.

God, enter again into my being and enable my spirit to coincide with your Spirit. I desire to walk close to you right now to discern your will.

2 comments:

Spin Original said...

"God, enter again into my being and enable my spirit to coincide with your Spirit. I desire to walk close to you right now to discern your will."

I "AMEN!" that. What a great prayer, spoken from the heart. This one needs to be said on a daily basis. Surrender self, and walk as one with God. Awesome.

Spin Original said...
This comment has been removed by the author.