Sunday, August 24, 2008

Posing...




These two fellows seemed to enjoy their surroundings. They seemed to fit right in where they were.
Gus the Gull was a people bird. He strutted around The Trading Post like he was the owner, picking up various pieces of garbage...just keeping the sidewalk and surrounding area spanking clean. I asked him if he would be good enough give me "the look" and of course, he was more than willing. I think he may have received his contract from Hollywood by now.
Harry the Great Blue Heron, however, pretended he wasn't actually there, standing on that log. He hummed and hawed as to whether he should stay or go, but he decided we weren't too much of a threat, so he played along and struck the most delightful pose, of which I was truly thankful. He is a lot like me, I think, in that both of us enjoy the stillness and calmness of nature.
I'll be featuring more of our fine feathered friends as the days progress. I simply cannot get enough of their beauty, their personalities, and their gracefulness.
I shall include the odd omnivore and herbivore for good measure in a few days. We cannot forget the beasts.
As I have said before and will most likely be saying many more times....God made beautiful creatures.
Oh, and just click on the pic and it will show you Gus and Harry's true beauty.

No comments: