Sunday, September 28, 2008

God-given days....




Amazing how the sky begins it's decent into fall. The top picture was a beautiful, sizzling summer day. The bottom two are towards evening in late September a week or so ago. They put me in totally different states of mind.
In summer, my bones don't ache, the days are so much longer...it's all warm and good.
In fall, my bones begin to ache, the days begin to shorten very quickly....a downward spiral into cold.
Don't get me wrong. I love winter and white and snow....it's what it does to me physically that is a pain not only in the behind but a pain everywhere else too.
But you know what....they are all God-given days. Days to live and love and appreciate all we have been given. Days to learn how to be obedient...as Pastor Randall preached this morning....acknowledging that obedience to God is the foundation of our lives.........nothing else....so that when the winter storms come rolling in, we are secure in knowing our obedience to the Master is our greatest need.
Timely words.


No comments: