Friday, September 26, 2008

Will that be 1, 2 or 3 scoops??

Have you ever had someone ask you that? I have.

Granddaughter (above)......every single time we went to "The Scoop" at Waskesiu, (which weren't all that many times....aaaahemmmmm) would ask us that question. And we would answer according to our appetites.

Of course then we had to choose the flavor......out of 20 or so.........

If we chose one scoop, it meant that we had just had supper, two scoops meant we had just had supper;-) and well, three scoops probably meant we had either eaten supper a few hours ago, or we hadn't eaten for most of the afternoon. It all depended...

I think I'm like that with God. When we're talking he and I, I sometimes find myself asking for things that most likely aren't that good for me. Perhaps I ask for more than I should have or certainly more than I need and I end up with a belly ache.

I need to sit back a bit and consider things a bit more before speaking them out.

Perhaps I sould have sherbet instead. It would be much better for me....but alas, too often I choose the triple chocolate fudge/peaut butter cup/tiger-tiger complete with hot fudge and whipped cream for toppings. Ya.

Oh God, when I find myself overindulging with the 'things' of life, come and show me those things that give me Life and health.......not a sore belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most inspiring; to say the least! Love youu Grammy
xoxo

P.S. dont slp in the shower!
Love youu!♥

With all my love,
Love Brittney

Sharon Kent said...

Trouble is, perhaps it's inspiring to eat more ice cream...yikes!!!

I won't slip in the shower...you either my sweetie-weetie.

Love, hugs and kisses,
Grammy