Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cats.....


There are some days I just miss having cats around. I miss the times we had together when we would just sit and enjoy being in the same room......preferably one of them on my lap.
The orange one above is a neighborhood cat. He didn't tell me his name but our place must be within his roaming territory. I caught a picture of him as he strolled down our front walk.
The black and grey is "Ebeneezer" from Mont St. Joseph Home. I visited him most every day when I went to see dear Aunt Connie. I brought him treats now and then and we were becoming friends. He even let me hold him and he would purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................
Husband and I both miss cats in our house. I remember when Aunt Connie would come to our place, Sukey the female tabby, would come running and jump up and plunk herself down on her knee. Connie liked that too and would pet Sukey and talk to her.
Husband would sit in his rocking chair and Job would wait until Ken got comfortable before jumping up and making himself at home, lying on his back across Ken's chest...head hanging over one side and legs over the other side....purrrrrrrrring all the while.
Chiang slept under the covers with us. He liked to be warm and he would snuggle up and purrrrr the night away. The Siamese cats we had at various times liked to do that too....both Tara and Smokey.
Gus liked Matthew, Job loved Ken and Puffy liked Shannon.....Kuzma enjoyed Brittney and Snowey always played with Todd. Me, well, I loved all of them.
Thinking back we've had many, many cats over our 40 years of marriage. And I had always had a cat when growing up too, so now when we don't have one, I feel lost. It's probably the grief I'm feeling too, but I do love to have cats around. Maybe we could bring one in and train it to sit still while the landlord is here.:-)
Tara, Puffy, Coconut, Smokey, Kuzma, Chiang Rai One, Chiang Two, Job, Sukey, Dominican, Major, Gus, Misty, Lourdess, Boots and a few more but can't recall their names.:-( How fickle a servant am I!!
People always think it's only little old ladies that love cats......not true.
I loved cats way before I became a "little old lady"......hee hee hee ha ha hahahahahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

I even miss your cats.

Sharon Kent said...

Randall, did you cross your fingers when you typed that...;-)