Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sell all I own???

someone lives here......

our summer home.......

more food than we can ever eat.....

A young man who grew up in P.A., attended our church as a child has gone on to become a Family Ministry pastor in Winnipeg. He's like one of my sons. His mom and I are very good friends. As we are without a pastor, Gavin came and spoke to us this morning. We were challenged.........and blessed.
He challenged us with the words of Jesus when he spoke about selling our possessions in order to get money to share with those in need. How radical is that!! Certainly not how most of us live, including husband and I. But the Word brings us truth. Sometimes we find it hard facing truths especially when we're not following through with those truths.
There are people right here in P.A. who live well below the poverty line. We can come up with many reasons why they are poor and we know what a lot of those reasons are. But the fact remains. There are poor among us.
Not only poor materially but poor spiritually. We need help with the whole mess we're in as a society. I don't see many tangible ways to make it all right or better for everyone. But I do see ME, helping one person.......and then another.............and another. If all of us do that one thing in helping one person, it could become better.
God's word rings true with me. I shall try and help one person and attempt once again to not hoard my possessions but hold them lightly.............they aren't mine to begin with, afterall. All we have and "possess" are gifts from God.

No comments: