Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The way we were....




No, I'm not posting about the 1974 Academy Award winning song sung by Barbra Striesand.
And now you're singing it, aren't you....
"Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were........" etc. etc.
I love that movie......of the same name.....
So, I was attempting to show you "the way we were"...as in our office and my work space. Today, we looked like this.
That is what it looks like from both sides of the desk.
Tomorrow...we shall have a new desk and a new look. By the picture shown above, it looks kind of "junky" looking, doesn't it.
Well, it may be a bit busy looking, but all the things I have up and hanging and posted and sitting here and there are remembrances given to me from various friends. I find it difficult to throw things away that have some meaning....from those I care about.....a delicately dried up root of grass , a picture of a baby, cards of thanks, little plastic bugs, a paper napkin from Government House in Regina, notes from granddaughter with hugs and kisses from top to bottom, picture of a friend who died, a hanging Christmas cookie ornament.....things like that. I know I can't keep everything, so I'm having to "downsize"....

I don't like downsizing. But I suppose with a new and improved classy looking desk, comes the responsibility of keeping it classy looking.....'sans knick-knacks'.....
But the candy jar will still be filled with jelly beans and Worthers and JuJubes.
I'd still say that full candy jars are pretty classy, right?
Watch for "the way we are"......tomorrow.

No comments: