Saturday, November 15, 2008

Contentment....




"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." ~ I Timothy 6:6-8

Sometimes it's difficult being content. I want. I desire. I think others "owe" me something and when I don't get it, well, I become discontented.

Why is it not enough to enjoy the things that the day provides.


Why do I go searching and yearning for things that don't satisfy......and getting on a crabby face in the process.


May God forgive me for not appreciating the many blessings that come from the hand of God.

Paul was right when he wrote that letter to Timothy.......I come into the world with nothing and I leave the same way...........with nothing............so why not enjoy all I have been given - between birth and death?

If I don't, there's a pretty honkin' big sack full of probability, I'll turn out bitter....and I sure don't want that now, do I!

No comments: