Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's been a good day.....






Gee, it's not even 6 p.m. and we managed to feed some less fortunate folks for part of the day and I started a few Christmas cards, finished the Advent Service bulletin for tomorrow and got my Holiday Apple Muffins baked for Christmas day's dessert - 60 of those little babies.....well, 59 actually....one stuck to the pan so hey, we had to try them out..... (the white sauce to pour over them will be prepared the day before).
Husband is really good at helping - getting out the pans, washing up dishes and the like. We make a pretty good team.
So, it's been a busy day but a good day. Feeding folks that don't have much to begin with, gives me a reality check and I am full of wonder at how very blessed I am to have so much.
Help me God, to not be so far away from those in need that I can't see their need.

2 comments:

Mr. C.C. said...

I helped out one Saturday in August serve soup when I came up from Saskatoon when I took some time off of work. It was a rewarding experience.

Apple Muffins sound good. When is Matt coming home for Christmas?

Sharon Kent said...

Not too sure yet, Chris. It will be some time close to Christmas...the 21st?? Mother's are always the last to know.;-)