Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cold...





Before the wind came there were layers upon layers of snow perching precariously on every tree limb, no matter what angle it was situated.
Then the wind came. Blowing and shwooooshing and howling and making like a mad shopper at a Boxing Day sale....pushing everything in site.
It's all very beautiful. The snow. The wind. The bare trees shivering without their steady pulse of 'sugar' and warmth.
I haven't been outside for several days now, so I'm missing out on some exceptional photo ops...but at least my fingers are fairly warm being inside and all.....I say fairly, because living in an old home, you don't get the modern protection of new triple pane windows, not to mention a bathroom fan to relieve the windows of their condensation build-up.
The cold weather has brought with it great amounts of frost on the bathroom window. Kind of reminds me of "the olden days" when I was a child and could only see out of a quarter of our windows every winter.
But son and girlfriend bought me new mitts for Christmas. Think I'll go and wear them for a bit.
Happy 2009!!

No comments: