Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm happy when you're happy.....

Linea and Virginia
Tracy

These are some of my good friends. I call them "good" because they are just that..good women who have so very much to offer their families (home and church), their community and me, as an individual.

I'm singling these three out because they have exciting news and they are all very happy.
First of all, Linea. She wrote her first mid-term in Greek and received a 95.5% for her hard work and dedicated effort. I've been waiting to hear the results of her exam.....waiting with her. She does have her degree in Dentistry and has been very successful in her profession - both in Africa, where she began her career with her husband Leo and also here in Prince Albert. Recently, she has been accepted into North Park Theological Seminary and as she begins this new venture in life, she will also enter a new decade (in years) on Saturday. She looks reeeeeeally good too, doesn't she!! So, that is one friends good news this week.
Virginia, a recently retired nurse, is one woman to look up to. She's confident and funny. She's trustworthy and compassionate. She and her husband Bob have two children, and we have been privileged to watch Curtis and Whitney grow into adulthood. Their eldest, Curtis, has asked his lovely lady friend, Candice, to marry him. Of course the mother of the groom is ecstatic and enthusiastic and quite animated about this whole event. And in the course of our friendship together, it makes me very happy to watch her being happy about this too. That's another one of my friends good news this week.
Tracy, is what I call a "fashion hair designer", (working out of her home), because anyone who can do anything with my head of hair must be very creative (which she truly is), and very patient (another marvelous quality she carries with her). She and her husband Brian also have, for several years, housed mentally disabled young men in their home and have done it so very well. Talk about patience...and compassion. These two are tremendous care givers and I give them credit for their servant hearts. They also have two children and the eldest, Regan has been asked by her man friend, James, to marry him. This is another friend who is an excited, overjoyed and delighted mother of the bride-to-be. It was so much fun watching her tell the whole story....and it made me smile and be happy for all of them.
It is good to see friends happy. I feel their joy and count it as a blessing from God.
Yes, I can say to my friends, "I'm happy........ when you're happy!!"

2 comments:

Linea said...

Maybe Madeline and Luke could be the wedding planners. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Congratulations to the Mother's of the brides and grooms! I'm so happy for you all! (brides and grooms too!)

Yay!

: )